Clappers Lane is in Poynings. Holmbush Lane is in Woodmancote. Poynings Road is in Edburton. Edburton Road is in Poynings. The Street is in Streat. Stammers Hill is a common mispronunciation caused by overindulgence at the Shepherd & Dog.
A Cold Weather Alert at level 3 (action) has been issued for the South East area in advance for Thursday 07 Dec and 0800 on Tuesday 12 Dec 2017 as arctic air will be arriving later, from Thursday. It will be cold through the daytime and night-time with biting winds.
If you know or look after someone you may be susceptible to the effects of this cold weather period please help make sure that they stay warm and well and check in advance that they are prepared for this cold spell.
- Stay tuned in to weather forecasts
- Check and maintain daytime room temperatures of 21C
- Check bedroom night time temperatures and maintain it at 18C or warmer
- Keep warm and active and if you have to go out dress warmly and wear non slip shoes.
- If you are concerned about your own health or welfare or that of others please alert the emergency services.
The West Sussex County Times recently had a somewhat helpful article on this topic. The WSCT article links, in turn, to a section of the WSCC website which is rather less useful since its focus is on what WSCC is meant to do rather than what is expected of private landowners. Luckily, Dorset County Council has produced a model flyer on the topic which is worth downloading (the illustration above comes from that flyer).
Fulking Parish Council will hold their Quarterly Meeting on 12th October 2017 at 7.30pm at The Village Hall
A G E N D A
Public Participation There will be a period of 15 minutes set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to ask questions or make comments on items on the Agenda. Comments on items not appearing on the agenda can be made at the chairman’s discretion. Once the meeting is in session there will be no further public participation.
1. Chairman’s Welcome.
3. Declarations of Interest.
4. Approval of minutes of 13th July, 20th July, and 7th September, 2017
5. Reports from MSDC Councillors & WSCC Councillor Joy Dennis
6. Planning Applications
6.1 SDNP/17/04233/CND Hillside Poynings Road Fulking BN5 9NB
Variation of Condition 8 on planning consent SDNP/16/01987/FUL – External lighting is necessary to ensure safe way finding around the site at night. This is proposed with low level lighting that has been specified to avoid light pollution
6.2 SDNP/17/04811/HOUS The Cabbage Patch Clappers Lane Fulking BN5 9NH
Conversion of existing garage into annex.
Matters arising from the above minutes not on the agenda:
Ladybrook Spring maintenance update-Michael; HGV sign update-Miles; Proposed parking measures West of Lady Brook Spring update-Mark
7. Feedback from SALC conference-Miles
8. Clappers Lane Update-Miles/Linda
9. Operation Watershed update-Kate
10. Transparency update-Derek
11. Annual review of 10 procedures-Derek
12. Financial Matters (including Cheque List & Stubbs, Income & Expenditure to date,
Budget v’s actual, quarterly bank reconciliation, draft 2018/19 Precept discussion.
13. Date of next meeting: 11th January, 2018.
Members of the Press and Public are welcome to attend.
Fulking Parish Council will hold their quarterly meeting at 7:30pm on Thursday July 13th 2017 in the Village Hall — agenda.
PARISH COUNCIL AGENDA
- Chairman’s Welcome.
- Declarations of Interest.
- Approval of minutes of 6th March, 11th & 13th April, and 11th & 18th May, 2017
- Reports from MSDC Councillors & WSCC Councillor Joy Dennis
- Comments from the floor.
Matters arising from the above minutes not on the agenda: Ladybrook Spring maintenance update-Michael; Drainage along Edburton Road update-Michael; Hillside drainage-Miles; HGV sign update-Miles; Proposed parking measures West of Lady Brook Spring update-Mark; Preston Nomads entrance-Miles.
- Clappers Lane Update-Miles/Linda
- Operation Watershed update-Derek
- Transparency update-Derek
- Proposed annual review of procedures-Derek
- NTF insurance update-Miles
- Playground inspection/maintenance update-Derek
- Proposed 2018 meeting dates approval; 11th January, 12th April, 12th July, 11th October, AGM 3rd May-all
- Financial Matters (including Cheque List & Stubbs, Income & Expenditure to date, Budget v’s actual, quarterly bank reconciliation.
- Date of next meeting: 12th October, 2017.
Members of the Press and Public are welcome to attend.
Sue Philipson, our local Access Ranger, will be carrying out Public Rights of Ways inspections next month. Following these inspections, routine maintenance work will be organised.
If you know of any issues or work that needs doing, please contact West Sussex Public Rights of Way by the end of June via the following email address: email@example.com. Please copy in the Parish Council for our records (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Path numbers can be found on the West Sussex website and you may need to refer to the ‘How to use the iMap’ for this. Both the map and the guide can be found here: www.westsussex.gov.uk/imap.
ANNUAL MEETING of COUNCIL and ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
at Fulking Village Hall, Thursday 11th May 2017 at 7.30 pm
Agenda: Annual Meeting of Council
1. Chairman’s Welcome
2. Election of Chairman & Vice Chairman
3. Meeting Closed
Agenda: Annual Parish Meeting
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Approval of minutes APM 12/5/2016
3. Chairman’s report
4. Reports from District & County Councillors
5. Approval of 2015-16 Annual Return documents
6. Guest Speakers
Rob Ainslie, Development Manager, SDNPA
Paul Boichat, Senior Project Manager, BT Group
7. Date of next meeting
8. Meeting closed
The public and press are cordially invited to attend.
Derek Blackhall, Clerk to Fulking Parish Council
01273 846186, email@example.com
22 Kymer Gardens, Hassocks, W Sussex, BN6 8QZ