A free pink plastic ‘My Little Unicorn’ for every new subscriber! Well, possibly not. But no less plausible than the WSCC claim that Fibre to the premises is available now to the poor unfortunates who huddle over crystal sets in the hovels, kennels and decaying apple stores that form the landscape in the northern half of Clappers Lane. Click the unicorns to find out more. [Hat tip — Andrew Iversen]
Council elections are coming up in 2019, and it’s not just the Parish Council…
Both West Sussex and Mid Sussex are urging candidates to come forward. Just imagine what it would do for Fulking to have one of its residents as a district or county councillor.
If you are interested in serving your community, now’s the time to start thinking about it.
West Sussex County Council has initiated a six week public consultation regarding their Integrated Risk Management Plan. The consultation runs until Monday 28 May. The plan explains the fire service’s activities in detail on:
- Prevention — educating the community on how to reduce risks through safe and well visits, school visits and other training.
- Protection — providing safer public spaces within the built environment, fire safety inspections and enforcement.
- Response — sending fire appliances and firefighters to emergency incidents. This can include fires, road traffic collisions, flooding etc.
- People — how we address the challenges we face in delivering a highly trained, diverse workforce.
- Value for money — ensuring everything we do is as cost efficient as possible (see photo, above).
- Partnership and collaboration — how we will work with other organisations to achieve our organisational aims.
People are asked to comment on the priorities identified by the West Sussex Fire Authority. To read the draft plan and to take part in the consultation please go to www.westsussex.gov.uk/IRMP2018.
West Sussex County Council is developing a new Bus Strategy which will explore ways in which we can work with bus companies and other partners to help sustain and improve bus services. We would like your views on our proposals for the new strategy and if there is anything else you think we should include. For further information and to take part in the consultation please go to:
or call 01243 642105 to request an information pack. The closing date for your feedback is 6th June 2018.
A Cold Weather Alert at level 3 (action) has been issued for the South East area in advance for Thursday 07 Dec and 0800 on Tuesday 12 Dec 2017 as arctic air will be arriving later, from Thursday. It will be cold through the daytime and night-time with biting winds.
If you know or look after someone you may be susceptible to the effects of this cold weather period please help make sure that they stay warm and well and check in advance that they are prepared for this cold spell.
- Stay tuned in to weather forecasts
- Check and maintain daytime room temperatures of 21C
- Check bedroom night time temperatures and maintain it at 18C or warmer
- Keep warm and active and if you have to go out dress warmly and wear non slip shoes.
- If you are concerned about your own health or welfare or that of others please alert the emergency services.
The West Sussex County Times recently had a somewhat helpful article on this topic. The WSCT article links, in turn, to a section of the WSCC website which is rather less useful since its focus is on what WSCC is meant to do rather than what is expected of private landowners. Luckily, Dorset County Council has produced a model flyer on the topic which is worth downloading (the illustration above comes from that flyer).
Fulking Parish Council will hold their Quarterly Meeting on 12th October 2017 at 7.30pm at The Village Hall
A G E N D A
Public Participation There will be a period of 15 minutes set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to ask questions or make comments on items on the Agenda. Comments on items not appearing on the agenda can be made at the chairman’s discretion. Once the meeting is in session there will be no further public participation.
1. Chairman’s Welcome.
3. Declarations of Interest.
4. Approval of minutes of 13th July, 20th July, and 7th September, 2017
5. Reports from MSDC Councillors & WSCC Councillor Joy Dennis
6. Planning Applications
6.1 SDNP/17/04233/CND Hillside Poynings Road Fulking BN5 9NB
Variation of Condition 8 on planning consent SDNP/16/01987/FUL – External lighting is necessary to ensure safe way finding around the site at night. This is proposed with low level lighting that has been specified to avoid light pollution
6.2 SDNP/17/04811/HOUS The Cabbage Patch Clappers Lane Fulking BN5 9NH
Conversion of existing garage into annex.
Matters arising from the above minutes not on the agenda:
Ladybrook Spring maintenance update-Michael; HGV sign update-Miles; Proposed parking measures West of Lady Brook Spring update-Mark
7. Feedback from SALC conference-Miles
8. Clappers Lane Update-Miles/Linda
9. Operation Watershed update-Kate
10. Transparency update-Derek
11. Annual review of 10 procedures-Derek
12. Financial Matters (including Cheque List & Stubbs, Income & Expenditure to date,
Budget v’s actual, quarterly bank reconciliation, draft 2018/19 Precept discussion.
13. Date of next meeting: 11th January, 2018.
Members of the Press and Public are welcome to attend.