Mid Sussex Community Safety Partnership gave local people the opportunity to protect their property from opportunist thieves looking to target poorly secured sheds. As the evenings grow longer shed security can be even more of an issue.
With this in mind the Partnership has now purchased additional shed alarms and residents who missed out can now get a discounted alarm. The shed alarms are available at the reduced rate of £7, which is £11 cheaper than the normal retail price of £18 and are available to buy from Town Help Points in Burgess Hill, East Grinstead and Haywards Heath.
Residents are also being encouraged to take a few simple steps that will help to keep their shed safe and secure;
- Use a good quality padlock or mortice lock on the door of your shed
- Protect the boundary and access to your garden with fences, walls and lockable gates
- Make sure the door panel on your shed is strong enough
- Put up security lighting around your shed
- Lock valuable items together to prevent them being removed easily
- Help to track your property by registering it for FREE at www.immobilise.com