West Sussex County Council has initiated a six week public consultation regarding their Integrated Risk Management Plan. The consultation runs until Monday 28 May. The plan explains the fire service’s activities in detail on:
- Prevention — educating the community on how to reduce risks through safe and well visits, school visits and other training.
- Protection — providing safer public spaces within the built environment, fire safety inspections and enforcement.
- Response — sending fire appliances and firefighters to emergency incidents. This can include fires, road traffic collisions, flooding etc.
- People — how we address the challenges we face in delivering a highly trained, diverse workforce.
- Value for money — ensuring everything we do is as cost efficient as possible (see photo, above).
- Partnership and collaboration — how we will work with other organisations to achieve our organisational aims.
People are asked to comment on the priorities identified by the West Sussex Fire Authority. To read the draft plan and to take part in the consultation please go to www.westsussex.gov.uk/IRMP2018.