The next Fulking Fair will be held on Sunday 28th July 2019 in the North Town Field, Fulking, and will incorporate an Allsorts Dog Rescue Fun Dog show. There will be free parking in Downside Meadow and there will be many stalls along The Street. The fair will be opened at 12:00 noon with dancing through the village by the Marta Scott Dancers and it will finish at 5:00pm. The dog show runs from 12.30pm until 3:00pm. An entry donation of £1 per adult is requested to help cover the cost of set up, children 16 and under free.
There will be teas and cakes in the village hall and beer and Pimms in the marquee. In addition to the extensive food area, there will be live music, tombolas, pony rides, a tug of war, a puppet show, a mini bungee jump, a coconut shy, stocks, tattoo painting, and other games for children.
Fulking Fair was the winner of the Argus Community Event of the year in 2014 and was described as being ‘renowned for holding one of the best fairs ever to grace the county’s glorious countryside’.
- Marta Scott Dance Company
- Shoreham All Stars
- Mick Terry
- Sold as Seen
- Duo Scott and Maria
- Hybrid Kid Band
The following individuals and organizations will also be participating:
- A Chip off the Block Wood products
- Auntie Helen’s Cheeky Monkeys Dream catchers, etc.
- Blooming Good Nursery plants
- Brighton & Hove Textile Art Group Spinners and weavers
- Cats Protection
- Central Sussex Bee-keepers’ Association Membership, meetings, events, swarms
- Daniel Gabitti’s Sunrise Bakery
- Dean Nightingale Doughnuts and candy floss
- Delights Strawberries and cream
- Edburton Parochial Church Council Bric a brac
- Fish Story Fish and chips
- French Revolution Crepes
- Geoff Crane model steam engine
- Gourmet Foods Hot sandwiches, nuts, fudge and cheese
- Iron Railway Wines and beers
- Jacinta Fletcher Aloe Vera products
- Jackie Ecke Canine photography
- Kids Bee Happy Sand art and children’s games
- LAMBS Six year local campaign against the Mayfield Horror
- National Trust
- On the Hoof Burgers and hot dogs
- Prudie Smith 3D village and woodland scenes
- Rushfields Hot pies
- Sheena Trist Jams and chutneys
- Shore Thing Hats, caps and woollens
- Slush Trailer Frozen drinks
- St John Ambulance First aid
- Sussex Bat Group Bat care and rescue
- Sussex Wildlife Trust
- Tricia Edwin — Fab Fairs Pocket money toys, novelty items
- Vintage Scoops Ice cream van
- Woodland Trust
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010 and 2009.
Friday 26th July will be the date for the now mandatory Call my Bluff evening of fine wines and not-so-fine humour. Watch this space for updates or contact Bob Rowland (271) for further information.