This year’s FULKING FAIR on Sunday 30th July 2017 from 12 till 5pm had all of the attractions necessary to make it one of the best yet. We might even repeat our 2014 Argus award of the ‘Best Community Event in Sussex’. Parking and admission are both free. The various attractions that your Social committee has brought together are:
- MUSIC will include various local bands including the highly successful ’Sold as Seen’, ‘What the Funk’, ‘Stone Dark Night’, Jack Woodhouse, Mr Motown, Dave Gee and the Pyecombe choir.
- FOOD: Punjabi Street Food, Rushfields’ pies, Fish Story fish & chips, Ellie’s Biscuits , Wilderness honey, Gourmet Nuts, Fudge & Cheese and Peggy’s Pantry. There will be Teas and Cakes in the village hall and garden (see below). Ice cream will be available in The Street and the field.
- CHILDRENS GAMES: Bouncy castle for those kids who will not sit still, Stocks to torture Dads, Pony Rides for budding equestrian stars, Bubble Pop to amaze everyone, Puppet show by the renowned Sheila Marshall, Coconut shy for bashful kids, Hook the Duck for young crooks, Smack the Rat for the blood thirsty and Tattoo Painting for extrovert kids.
- DRINKS: The Shepherd & Dog will be running a bar in the marquee which they have generously donated. There will be plenty of chairs and tables.
- DEMONSTRATIONS: HART, National Trust, Sussex Wildlife, Henfield Spinners and Knitters and Twineham Timber will all be there. Latest news is that Geoff Crane’s Burrell Traction Engine will be operating.
- STALLS including A Chip off the Block, Tropic Skin, Saxon Stickmakers, All That’s Wood, Indigo, Emma’s Jewellery, Decoupage Delights, Presence Decor, Iron Railway Vineyard and Bric a Brac.
- GAMES: Tug of War, including a challenge from Poynings, and two Tombolas including one for children. We need prizes for both of these; please be generous and deliver a bottle or other prize to Louise at 13 Clappers Lane or Bob at Furzefield.
noon until 4:00pm on Sunday 29th July.
2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010 and 2009.