Snow and Ice Clearing
- Follow the Parish Winter Management Plan.
- Spread salt/grit evenly and at appropriate spread rates.
- Spread salt/grit before frost to be most effective.
- Clear any excess salt or grit once the snow/ ice has melted.
- Inform either the grit bin volunteer or Parish Clerk if the grit is running low.
- Look out for your neighbour.
- Use water to melt snow and ice, if there is a risk it will refreeze.
- Move snow to a location where it will create another risk such as another part of the pavement, road or where people are likely to walk.
- Use excessive salt, grit or other materials so as to create a new or worse risk once the snow/ ice has melted.
For further details see The Fulking Winter Management Plan here
or for general winter advice visit the Met Office site here