At about 2pm on Sunday 28th July I stood in the middle of the North Town Field and realised that the Fulking Social Committee together with Allsorts Dog Rescue and quite a few helpers had created as near to a perfect village fair as you will find.
Perfect weather, exotic dancing, lovely dog show, a great selection of stalls, tombola and model steam engine, really enjoyable teas and food, an exciting tug of war, fun kids games, wonderful music and a highly professional bar were all enjoyed by the many visitors. It was truly memorable.
It is too early to announce the financial details but there is sufficient evidence to tell you that it was profitable and improves our reserves for village hall and North Town Field requirements.
What a wonderful Fulking weekend! It will be quite a challenge to follow this up with a repeat performance next year.
Chairman of Fulking Social Committee
The most recent Fulking Fair was held on Sunday 28th July 2019 in the North Town Field, Fulking, and incorporated an Allsorts Dog Rescue Fun Dog show. There was free parking in Downside Meadow and there were many stalls along The Street. The fair opened at 12:00 noon with dancing through the village by the Marta Scott Dancers and it finished at 5:00pm. The dog show ran from 12.30pm until 3:00pm. An entry donation of £1 per adult was requested to help cover the cost of set up, children 16 and under were admitted free.
There were teas and cakes in the village hall and beer and Pimms in the marquee. In addition to the extensive food area, there were tombolas, pony rides, a tug of war, live music, a puppet show, a mini bungee jump, a coconut shy, stocks, tattoo painting, and other games for children.
Fulking Fair was the winner of the Argus Community Event of the year in 2014 and was described as being ‘renowned for holding one of the best fairs ever to grace the county’s glorious countryside’.
- Marta Scott Dance Company
- Shoreham All Stars
- Mick Terry
- Sold as Seen
- Duo Scott and Maria
- Hybrid Kid Band
The following individuals and organizations will also be participating:
- A Chip off the Block Wood products
- Auntie Helen’s Cheeky Monkeys Dream catchers, etc.
- Blooming Good Nursery plants
- Brighton & Hove Textile Art Group Spinners and weavers
- Cats Protection
- Central Sussex Bee-keepers’ Association Membership, meetings, events, swarms
- Daniel Gabitti’s Sunrise Bakery
- Dean Nightingale Doughnuts and candy floss
- Delights Strawberries and cream
- Edburton Parochial Church Council Bric a brac
- Fish Story Fish and chips
- French Revolution Crepes
- Geoff Crane model steam engine
- Gourmet Foods Hot sandwiches, nuts, fudge and cheese
- Iron Railway Wines and beers
- Jacinta Fletcher Aloe Vera products
- Jackie Ecke Canine photography
- Kids Bee Happy Sand art and children’s games
- LAMBS Six year local campaign against the Mayfield Horror
- National Trust
- On the Hoof Burgers and hot dogs
- Prudie Smith 3D village and woodland scenes
- Rushfields Hot pies
- Sheena Trist Jams and chutneys
- Shore Thing Hats, caps and woollens
- Slush Trailer Frozen drinks
- St John Ambulance First aid
- Sussex Bat Group Bat care and rescue
- Sussex Wildlife Trust
- Tricia Edwin — Fab Fairs Pocket money toys, novelty items
- Vintage Scoops Ice cream van
- Woodland Trust
2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010 and 2009.