“There are several important points that we would like to highlight:
- Information about the closure cannot be found on the SDNPA website, even through a search;
- We have seen no evidence that the SDNPA want to engage with local businesses on a practical or proactive level, to promote them or work with them – this is a good example;
- Surely the the SDNPA should consider this their responsibility to inform those affected – local residents, visitors, businesses?
- The period of notice (6th March) was in any case far too short;
- The period of closure spans the Easter weekend (could be fairly busy on the Downs at this time). What do walkers do when they come across a barrier on the South Downs Way with no alternative signposted? Where would they have found out about this closure?”
Click the diversion signs above to see the SDNPA response and other commentary.