Helter skelter, Punch & Judy, donkey rides, juggling, hula-hoops, tightrope walks, stilts, inflatable castles, solar-powered boat racing, face-painting, miniature train rides, plastic-free beach, low risk of drowning, no raw sewage.
Latest News of Local Interest
A planning meeting of the Fulking Parish Council will be held at 7.30pm, on Thursday 19th July 2018 at the Village Hall, The Street, Fulking, to transact the following business:
SDNP/18/03314/HOUS: Extension and re-modelling of existing house
Barn Cottage, Poynings Road, Fulking, BN5 9NB
Members of the Press & Public are welcome to attend.
By prior appointment with the Parish Clerk, a maximum of 2 people may speak for up to 5 minutes each in favour, and a maximum of 2 people may also speak for up to 5 minutes each against the application.
Parish Clerk, Fulking
15th July, 2018
17 Ockley Way, Hassocks,
Council elections are coming up in 2019, and it’s not just the Parish Council…
Both West Sussex and Mid Sussex are urging candidates to come forward. Just imagine what it would do for Fulking to have one of its residents as a district or county councillor.
If you are interested in serving your community, now’s the time to start thinking about it.
Our cycling and Civil Defence correspondent, General Sir Frederick (”Tiger”) Nidgett, writes as follows:
The summer offensive continues. Garish hordes of gore-tex Visigoths and spandex Vandals will be blocking traffic and intimidating pets and pedestrians as they drive an aesthetic assault along the Clappers Lane salient, The Street, and Edburton Road on the evening of Sunday 15th July, between 20:00 and 21:30. An MTB patrol from Fulking Home Guard will be out earlier in the day to set cycle traps, install temporary misdirection signage, and leave a crate of complimentary nitrite-enhanced rehydration packs beside the pump house.
Table Tennis: Friday 20th July, 7:30pm: if the weather is fine then this event will be held at the outdoor table tennis table next to Poynings playing field (bring other outdoor games if you like); if the weather is poor then it will be in Poynings Village Hall. Followed by a visit to the Royal Oak.
All welcome. Ring me, or email me, on the day with any queries (e.g., about the weather) — Jen Green (552).
There will be a meeting of Fulking Parish Council on Thursday 12th July 2018 at 7.30pm, at The Village Hall, Fulking for the transaction of the following business.
Public Participation: There will be a period of 15 minutes set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to ask questions or make comments on items on the Agenda. Comments on items not appearing on the agenda can be made at the chairman’s discretion.
- Apologies for Absence.
- Declaration of Members’ Interests.
- Approve the Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting of 10th May 2018. The minutes, subject to any amendments, to be approved and signed as a true record of the meeting.
- Reports from District and County Councillors.
- Matters Arising & Outstanding Actions: To clarify and report on actions brought forward from the last meeting.
– Winter Management Plan
– Operation Watershed
– Road condition at PNCC
- Planning Matters: To comment on planning applications received from South Downs National Park being SDNP/18/02349/HOUS Demolish summer house and build garden room.
2 South View Cottages The Street Fulking BN5 9LT
- Parking – Road Lines: To discuss yellow lines and parking in the Parish.
- Reports from Outside Bodies.
Report on Inter Parish Meeting – Cllrs Trist and Healy
- Information Items. To receive information and items for the agenda at future meetings.
- Correspondence. To discuss correspondence and respond to correspondence received.
- Financial Matters: To receive the report on the Council’s income and to approve future expenditure.
Date of the next Ordinary Meeting: Thursday 11th October 2018.
Trevor Parsons, Parish Clerk
17 Ockley Way, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 8NE
Tel: 01273 846310
Although it rarely features here, readers will be familiar with the Devil’s Dyke Hotel. You may even be able to see it from where you live. However, you may not have realized that there is another pub up there, a mere 634 yards (0.36 miles) away from the latter. But further information is scanty:
- We currently have no information about the attributes at this pub. If you know Inn At Devils Dyke we would love you to update any missing details, or correct anything you think is wrong. Update the pub details.
- We’re really sorry but we don’t seem to have any offers or events for Inn At Devils Dyke. We’re sure there must be something happening here but they just haven’t told us about it! Please do mention this to Inn At Devils Dyke when you next visit them.
- Be the first to review this pub. There don’t appear to be any reviews for our pub as yet, why not be the first to add a review now?
- Sorry, StreetView is not currently available for this pub.
There is a wooded area at the top of the Dyke — could this pub be in there somewhere?
at the Community Cafe, Poynings sports field
Writing exercises and friendly support to kick start and develop your ideas — we all have a story to tell. Contact Sandra Slinger on 01273 857205 for more information and to secure your place.
Four weeks for £20.00. All contributions will be donated to the Poynings Community Cafe. Tea and cakes will be available for purchase.