The talk covers the role of women on Sussex farms and their vital contribution to feeding the country during both WWI and WWII. Their efforts only gained official recognition many years after they were disbanded in 1950. The speaker was brought up on a farm near Lewes and his mother was one of 80,000 Land Girls during WWII. The talk will include some of her personal memories as a ‘Cinderella of the Soil’.
All residents are invited this meeting to discuss the Mayfield Market Town proposal, currently before Horsham District Council (HDC). The speakers will be Malcolm Eastwood, the chairman of Henfield Parish Council, and Anthony Watts Williams, former MSDC councillor and founder of LAMBS (Locals Against Mayfield Building Sprawl). There will be a Q&A session and the meeting will be chaired by Karen Healy and I.
This proposal is for a town of 7,000 new homes (20,000 people) within half a mile of the Henfield boundary in the Wheatsheaf Road area. After rejection by Mid Sussex District Council, Horsham District Council are now being targeted. They are currently under pressure to provide new homes in their region. Should this go ahead, there will be an enormous impact on the surrounding area in terms of stretched resources, increased traffic, etc., as well as on Henfield itself.
Please note that while this isn’t a formal FPC meeting, the Parish Council will note the general sentiment and provide feedback to HDC as an adjoining parish under their Community Involvement Policy.
Following the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and regarding regulations on Access to Local Government Meetings, members of the public are advised that they have a right to film/record the meetings of Fulking Parish Council. Members of the public are also advised that by attending a meeting of Fulking Parish Council, they give their consent to being filmed/recorded by other members of the public, if such activity is taking place.
Trevor Parsons – Parish Clerk
Public Participation: There will be a period of 15 minutes set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to ask questions or make comments on items on the Agenda. Comments on items not appearing on the agenda can be made at the chairman’s discretion.
- Apologies for Absence.
- Declaration of Members’ Interests.
- Approve the Minutes* of the Extraordinary Council Planning Meeting of 23rd April 2019 and 25th June 2019: The minutes, subject to any amendments, to be approved and signed as a true record of the meeting.
- Planning Applications Update.
- Reports from District and County Councillors.
- Matters Arising & Outstanding Actions: To clarify and report on actions brought forward from the last meeting.
- Broadband issues at Perching Sands. Update from Simon Hughes, MSDC’s Head of Digital and Customer Service,
- Fulking to Henfield Bridle path
- Mayfield Development Update
- Winter Plan Update
- Operation Watershed Update
- Village Hall Lease Update
- Adoption of Updated Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy
- Village signs
- Reports from Outside Bodies.
- Information Items. To receive information and items for the agenda at future meetings.
- 2019 – 2020 Precept
- Correspondence. To discuss correspondence and respond to correspondence received.
- Financial Matters: To receive the report on the Council’s income and to approve future expenditure.
Date of the next Ordinary Meeting: Thursday 10th October 2019 to be held at Fulking Village Hall at 7.30pm.
A public meeting is scheduled for 7:00pm on June 14th at St Peter’s Church, Henfield, attended by our MPs, Nick Herbert and Sir Nicholas Soames, together with planning experts and local community leaders.