Extraordinary meeting of Fulking Parish Council (FPC) held on Thursday 1st October 2020 at 7pm via Microsoft Teams.
Present: Councillors Miles Firth (Chairman), Mark Hind, (Vice Chairman), Linda Dyos, Karen Healy, Samantha Leader and Trevor Parsons (Clerk)
The meeting opened at 7.00pm and there were two members of the public in attendance.
20/064/PM. Apologies for Absence. All councillors present therefore there were no apologies for absence required.
20/065/PM. Declaration of Members’ Interests.
As Cllr Leader is the next door neighbour to Broadreeds and has responded directly to SDNPA in support of the application, she will take no part in Agenda item 20/066/PM.
20/066/PM. Planning matters
Planning Application: SDNP/20/03810/HOUS Location: Broadreeds The Street Fulking BN5 9LU Proposal: Rear extension (demolish existing orangery)
It was noted that:
- Existing clear roof being replaced by solid roof will reduce light pollution
- New casement windows will be an improvement to the look of the property.
- No increase in floor area, uncontenious improvement supported by neighbours.
Councillors voted FOUR IN FAVOUR and ONE ABSTENTION for the application.
20/067/PM. Planning Matters
Planning Application: SDNP/20/03696/FUL. Location: 1 Paythorne Farm Cottages Edburton Road Fulking Henfield West Sussex BN5 9LP Proposal: Change of Use to Holiday Let.
It was noted:
- Clear need for holiday accommodation in the village
- Plenty of off-road parking available
Councillors voted FOUR IN FAVOUR and ONE NEUTRAL of the application.
Date of the next Ordinary Meeting: Thursday 8th October 2020.