Fulking Parish Council, £13,529.03 to install new piped culverts and ditch work in Clappers Lane to increase capacity and allow surface water to drain.
Also of local interest:
.. more than £29,000 for Albourne Parish Council for ditch and gully work on Henfield Road, near Oak Vale Cottages, which is prone to flooding.
If you have a watercourse, ditch, stream, river or culvert on, or next to, your land, you are known as a ‘riparian owner’. Riparian owners are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of watercourses on their land to ensure that they are not a flood risk to other people or property. Well maintained watercourses can significantly benefit the local community by reducing flood risk and creating habitats for wildlife.
Under law, the riparian responsibilities for landowners are to:
- Ensure the flow of water is not obstructed or polluted;
- Maintain the bottom and sides of the watercourse (including managing any trees and vegetation growing on the banks);
- Remove any obstructions, such as rubbish, fallen branches or garden waste;
- Maintain any structures (such as trash screens, culverts, weirs and mill gates) on it.
More information from WSCC is available here.
Drainage maintenance work to the Backway, the bridleway between Four Acres corner and the Shepherd & Dog, is to be undertaken on Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th, at the Four Acres end. Access will be restricted during the work but it should be possible to pass with caution.
Fulking Parish Council will hold their Quarterly Meeting on 12th October 2017 at 7.30pm at The Village Hall
A G E N D A
Public Participation There will be a period of 15 minutes set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to ask questions or make comments on items on the Agenda. Comments on items not appearing on the agenda can be made at the chairman’s discretion. Once the meeting is in session there will be no further public participation.
1. Chairman’s Welcome.
3. Declarations of Interest.
4. Approval of minutes of 13th July, 20th July, and 7th September, 2017
5. Reports from MSDC Councillors & WSCC Councillor Joy Dennis
6. Planning Applications
6.1 SDNP/17/04233/CND Hillside Poynings Road Fulking BN5 9NB
Variation of Condition 8 on planning consent SDNP/16/01987/FUL – External lighting is necessary to ensure safe way finding around the site at night. This is proposed with low level lighting that has been specified to avoid light pollution
6.2 SDNP/17/04811/HOUS The Cabbage Patch Clappers Lane Fulking BN5 9NH
Conversion of existing garage into annex.
Matters arising from the above minutes not on the agenda:
Ladybrook Spring maintenance update-Michael; HGV sign update-Miles; Proposed parking measures West of Lady Brook Spring update-Mark
7. Feedback from SALC conference-Miles
8. Clappers Lane Update-Miles/Linda
9. Operation Watershed update-Kate
10. Transparency update-Derek
11. Annual review of 10 procedures-Derek
12. Financial Matters (including Cheque List & Stubbs, Income & Expenditure to date,
Budget v’s actual, quarterly bank reconciliation, draft 2018/19 Precept discussion.
13. Date of next meeting: 11th January, 2018.
Members of the Press and Public are welcome to attend.
Click any thumbnail image to scroll through the full set of larger versions.