“Despite their promises, it appears that Horsham Planning Officers have not considered evidence provided by anyone other than the developers (including Mayfields) who provided much of the text. In challenges to misleading or wrong statements in the draft we have been told ‘that’s what the promoters say’.”
Mayfields .. includes a broad Sustainable Urban Drainage network, storing run off water during periods of very heavy rain and trickling it back into the river network, mimicking natural green field run off and helping to counter further issues downstream during heavy rainfall as witnessed over the past week.
Read the rest of the tale at the West Sussex County Times.
Following the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and regarding regulations on Access to Local Government Meetings, members of the public are advised that they have a right to film/record the meetings of Fulking Parish Council. Members of the public are also advised that by attending a meeting of Fulking Parish Council, they give their consent to being filmed/recorded by other members of the public, if such activity is taking place.
Trevor Parsons – Parish Clerk
Public Participation: There will be a period of 15 minutes set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to ask questions or make comments on items on the Agenda. Comments on items not appearing on the agenda can be made at the chairman’s discretion.
- Apologies for Absence.
- Declaration of Members’ Interests.
- Approve the Minutes* of the Extraordinary Council Planning Meeting of 23rd April 2019 and 25th June 2019: The minutes, subject to any amendments, to be approved and signed as a true record of the meeting.
- Planning Applications Update.
- Reports from District and County Councillors.
- Matters Arising & Outstanding Actions: To clarify and report on actions brought forward from the last meeting.
- Broadband issues at Perching Sands. Update from Simon Hughes, MSDC’s Head of Digital and Customer Service,
- Fulking to Henfield Bridle path
- Mayfield Development Update
- Winter Plan Update
- Operation Watershed Update
- Village Hall Lease Update
- Adoption of Updated Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy
- Village signs
- Reports from Outside Bodies.
- Information Items. To receive information and items for the agenda at future meetings.
- 2019 – 2020 Precept
- Correspondence. To discuss correspondence and respond to correspondence received.
- Financial Matters: To receive the report on the Council’s income and to approve future expenditure.
Date of the next Ordinary Meeting: Thursday 10th October 2019 to be held at Fulking Village Hall at 7.30pm.
Fulking Parish Council, £13,529.03 to install new piped culverts and ditch work in Clappers Lane to increase capacity and allow surface water to drain.
Also of local interest:
.. more than £29,000 for Albourne Parish Council for ditch and gully work on Henfield Road, near Oak Vale Cottages, which is prone to flooding.
If you have a watercourse, ditch, stream, river or culvert on, or next to, your land, you are known as a ‘riparian owner’. Riparian owners are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of watercourses on their land to ensure that they are not a flood risk to other people or property. Well maintained watercourses can significantly benefit the local community by reducing flood risk and creating habitats for wildlife.
Under law, the riparian responsibilities for landowners are to:
- Ensure the flow of water is not obstructed or polluted;
- Maintain the bottom and sides of the watercourse (including managing any trees and vegetation growing on the banks);
- Remove any obstructions, such as rubbish, fallen branches or garden waste;
- Maintain any structures (such as trash screens, culverts, weirs and mill gates) on it.
More information from WSCC is available here.
The entrance to Preston Nomads CC is scheduled to be repaired on 22nd and 23rd November. This means that the residents’ parking area and footpath/bridleway won’t be accessible on those days. PNCC and their contractors will try and get this essential work done with minimum inconvenience. If you have any further queries please contact Martin Glover at email@example.com