This may be relevant to you if you are planning a trip to East Grinstead or Haywards Heath but not if you are about to undertake an emergency supplies mission to Henfield or Steyning (which are both HDC, not MSDC).
New Year Resolutions
The election is history and it is time to direct our energies to Climate Change and the Ecology. What is there that we as a village and as individuals can do about it? By changing our current lifestyles there are many things we can do to support and encourage the international stand taken by the youth of the world (Governments seem to be dragging their heels). Let us all try to make 2020 a cheerful, good and neighbourly year. New arrivals in the village have increased the input of ideas and I urge you to join in with us. The Annual General Meeting of the Fulking Social Committee will be held in the village hall on Friday 31 January at 7.30pm. Amongst matters on the agenda will be the election of officers and the annual Fulking Fair on Sunday 26 July 2020. Can I suggest a separate village meeting to discuss Climate Change and the Ecology?
Now here’s a resolution we can all fulfil… Let’s resolve to bring our bins in promptly once they’ve been emptied and smarten up our roads and lanes!
What a successful Christmas party we had in the village hall on Saturday 7 December! Guests included the leader of Mid Sussex District Council, Colin Trumble, West Sussex Councillor Joy Dennis and Rev Tim Harford. Great decorations by Lee, very drinkable mulled wine created by Jen assisted by Carolyn and an excellent raffle operated by Sheena & Michael. Our sincere thanks to raffle prize donors Camilla & Roly, Coles Auto, Rushfields, Shepherd & Dog, Springs, Swains and villagers.
Following the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and regarding regulations on Access to Local Government Meetings, members of the public are advised that they have a right to film/record the meetings of Fulking Parish Council. Members of the public are also advised that by attending a meeting of Fulking Parish Council, they give their consent to being filmed/recorded by other members of the public, if such activity is taking place.
Trevor Parsons – Parish Clerk
Public Participation: There will be a period of 15 minutes set aside at the beginning of the meeting for the public to ask questions or make comments on items on the Agenda. Comments on items not appearing on the agenda can be made at the chairman’s discretion.
- Apologies for Absence.
- Declaration of Members’ Interests.
- Approve the Minutes* of the Extraordinary Council Planning Meeting of 23rd April 2019 and 25th June 2019: The minutes, subject to any amendments, to be approved and signed as a true record of the meeting.
- Planning Applications Update.
- Reports from District and County Councillors.
- Matters Arising & Outstanding Actions: To clarify and report on actions brought forward from the last meeting.
- Broadband issues at Perching Sands. Update from Simon Hughes, MSDC’s Head of Digital and Customer Service,
- Fulking to Henfield Bridle path
- Mayfield Development Update
- Winter Plan Update
- Operation Watershed Update
- Village Hall Lease Update
- Adoption of Updated Procedures and Equal Opportunities Policy
- Village signs
- Reports from Outside Bodies.
- Information Items. To receive information and items for the agenda at future meetings.
- 2019 – 2020 Precept
- Correspondence. To discuss correspondence and respond to correspondence received.
- Financial Matters: To receive the report on the Council’s income and to approve future expenditure.
Date of the next Ordinary Meeting: Thursday 10th October 2019 to be held at Fulking Village Hall at 7.30pm.
Remember to take your poll card!
Local elections are upon us and on the Parish level the stepping down of Michael Trist created a vacancy which has been filled by the only villager to put their name forward, Samantha Leader. Many thanks to him for his ‘stint’ and best wishes to her. At the District Council election, being held on Next Thursday the 2nd of May, politics, fortunately absent from Parish elections, come into play but I would ask you in considering your choice of three district councillors to support the nomination of Councillor Colin Trumble who has been a very good friend to Fulking and attends our parish council meetings whenever he possibly can. Rest assured I am not recommending this because I agree with his politics, I don’t, but because I believe it is in the best interests of Fulking.
Fulking Fair Update
This year’s fair will be held without the sponsoring of the marquee by the Shepherd & Dog, because the business is up for sale and sadly we shall be losing David and Emily who have put so much work into creating such a splendid village pub. However, these things happen, and the fair will continue to be the best village fair in Sussex! Preliminary details are already on the village website. Big news is that Toby Peirce and his excellent Quaff Wine outfit will be rejoining us for the Call my Bluff on Friday 26 July.