FULKING PARISH COUNCIL
wish to fill a vacancy arising from the resignation of Cllr. Kate Watson for the period up to the next Election in the Spring of 2019.
If no By-Election is called, FPC will exercise its power to Co-Opt and applicants may apply using the following criteria/guidance: –
The eligibility criteria to be a Councillor –
- Be aged 18 years or over and included in the Electoral Register
- A British subject or a Euro national
- Resides in the Parish or within 3 miles of its boundary or
- Occupies land or property within the Parish or
- Has his/her principal place of work within the Parish
Prospective candidates are advised to familiarise themselves with the disqualification restrictions under Section 80 of the Local Government Act 1972 relating to Bankruptcy Restrictions Orders and Criminal Convictions carrying a sentence of more than 3 months imprisonment, without the option of a fine.
Please supply a 2-sided A4 application letter to be returned to the Parish Clerk no later than the 30th November 2017 to:
Derek Blackhall, 22 Kymer Gardens, Keymer, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 8QZ
This post is about team-building to ensure that the Council works cohesively in pursuit of its aims and objectives.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of local affairs and the local community.
- Solid interest in local matters.
- Ability and willingness to represent the Council and their community.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate succinctly and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability and willingness to work closely with other members and to maintain good working relationships with all members and staff.
- Good reading and analytic skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with the council’s partners (e.g. voluntary groups, other parish councils, principal authority, charities).
- Ability and willingness to undertake relevant training.
- Experience of working or being a member in a local authority or other public body.
- Basic knowledge of legal issues relating to town and parish councils or local authorities.
- Good standard of computer literacy.
- Experience of delivering presentations.
- Experience in financial control/ budgeting.
- HR experience.
- Ability and willingness to attend meetings of the council (or the meetings of other local authorities and local bodies) in the evening and events in the evening and at weekends.
- Flexible and committed to the Council
26th October 2017