Steyning Grammar will be celebrating 400 years of existence in May with a variety of events including:
- 24th May: the opening of the Church Street School and grounds to the public with archive material relating to the school’s history on display;
- 24th-25th May: three performances each day of ‘Carvings, Corridors and Timbres’, a musical about the school, at the Church Street site;
- 26th–28th May: a heritage quilt will be on display in the Church of St Andrew and St Cuthman;
- 29th May: Janet Pennington will give a talk on ‘Steyning Grammar School, 400 Years of Education’ at 2:00pm in Bolton House;
- 7th March–31st August 2014: an exhibition titled ‘The Scholar’s Tale — 400 Years of Schooling in Steyning’ at Steyning Museum.
Further details about these and other events can be found here.