Both Nick Herbert MP and Sir Nicholas Soames MP will be attending the meeting in Haywards Heath this Friday, January 13th.
Sir Nicolas Soames recently noted in Parliament:
The hon. Friend the Minister knows of the infamous application by Mayfield Market Towns to build a completely unwanted new settlement to the south of my constituency and partially in the constituency of my right hon. Friend the Member for Arundel and South Downs [Nick Herbert]. It has been turned down time after time. No one wants it and it is not in any plan, yet the builders continue to chip away at the fabric, integrity and credibility of the plans.
The West Sussex County Times reports:
Robert Worsley, who refused to sell his 550 acres in Twineham to Mayfield Market Towns, is due to .. publicly challenge the developers over their refusal to accept that they cannot build on his land. He explained that he is so frustrated about the injustices of the planning system he wants to appeal directly to the Government’s planning inspector at the examination.
Updated 12th January.
Drop-in event at Fulking Village Hall, during the Family Coffee Morning from 10:00am–11.30am on Wednesday 18th January. Come and see us. Pick up your free room thermometer cards. Discuss with us energy efficiency measures and grants available – and the support provided by Heat for Health. [Probably your last chance — the scheme is ending this financial year.]
Fulking Parish Council will hold their quarterly meeting at 7:30 on Thursday January 12th 2017 in the Village Hall — agenda.
PARISH COUNCIL AGENDA
1. Chairman’s Welcome.
3. Declarations of Interest.
4. Approval of minutes 13th October 2016
5. Matters arising from the above minutes not on the agenda: (North Town Field trees)
6. Reports from MSDC Councillors & WSCC Councillor Peter Griffiths
7. Comments from the floor.
8. Development/Planning transfer to SDNPA feedback.
9. Ladybrook Spring maintenance update.
10. Neighbourhood Plan discussion
11. Drainage along Edburton Road update
12. Fulking Village Action Plan update & Procedure Revision
13. Increased traffic in Clappers Lane update.
14. Transparency funding update.
15. Clappers Lane drainage and Operation Watershed update.
16. Proposed parking measures West of Lady Brook Spring update.
17. Dog waste bins update.
18. Hillside bridle path drainage-flooding on Poynings Road & ‘the Deans’
19. SDNP Survey update
20. Brighton & Hove Land Sales.
21. Financial Matters (including Cheque List & Stubbs, Income & Expenditure to date, Budget v’s actual, quarterly bank reconciliation.
22. 2017/18 Precept.
23. Date of next meetings: 13th April, 13th July, and 12th October. APM/AGM 11th May 2017.
Members of the Press and Public are welcome to attend.
Derek Blackhall – Clerk to Fulking Parish Council
22 Kymer Gardens,
West Sussex BN6 8QZ
There are no garden waste collections between 26th December 2014 and 6th January 2015 (inclusive). For black/blue bins, the changes that are relevant to Fulking residents are that you need to put the relevant bins out on the Tuesdays 27th December and 3rd January rather than the day before. Collections resume their normal pattern on Monday 9th January.